Emily: Just to let you know I don't have your blog site, I thought I did but I dont so I'm just gonna give it a go and do my best.
Two thousand and one, the year of Luanne. January I met Luanne who was clearly the most amazing girl I've ever dated. She had that something else that just can't be explained. Between personality, talent, attraction and who I felt like when I was around her I was in love.
In February we were together nearly everyday. My schedule changed from focus on myself to making time for book clubs, dancing and even racket ball tourneys which she was better at than I was, but that never seemed to matter.
March is where I started to see real Luanne. I found out that like me she was not perfect, but her "bad habits" and mistakes didn't seem to bother me. In fact I thought they were cute. When her weaknesses made her more beautiful I realized I was hooked.
I took Luanne to meet my parents in April. My mother was the first to say, "Don't let this one go." When Mom gives the go ahead that's when you know that your seeing the real deal and not something that your mind just makes up. Her family turned out to be just as great as her and I felt like a member though I technically wasn't.
The new job that Luanne took in May had her moving out to Buffalo for two months, but it only happened at the end of the month. We treasured each moment together and firmed our promises that we would meet often and phone daily. I even secretly discovered her ring size.
Our talks on the phone were the highlight of everyday in June. I know I tired out family and roommates with my recounts of our hours on the line, but they were patient and we were still as in love as ever. We were planning our meeting the next month and I would be flying out to spend a week with Luanne, which is when I was planning on popping the question.
Her work picked up in July and her late nights working kept our phone conversations to a minimum, but the feeling was still the same. A new work load made the planned trip impossible so I held off for when she would soon be home. We could plan our future then.
August. She decided to stay in Buffalo. The work opportunity is too good. Our conversations came far apart. By the end of the month Luanne was dating other bloks and I was thinking about their dates.
We broke up September 16th and I went home to spend sometime with family. I still wanted to take a trip to Buffalo, just to see the sights, but I couldn't get up the energy to go. Besides Luanne wouldn't return the calls that I gave her to know where to tour while I was in town.
I don't really remember much about October and November except that I watched a lot of movies and was working too much to think about many other things.
December came around and friends wanted to set me up, but I was just to happy being single. Christmas was great with the family and I got a lot of things done during the month. I wasn't too excited about the new year, so I planned the trip to Buffalo that I had been planning to take for months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment