Monday, May 26, 2008

Free-write

Some of the most fun memories are those of first encounters. However I believe that we often over look some of our most important first encounters. We often consider them to be a new person that we meet. These experiences lead to funny memories of those we saw as prideful or kind only to find out that the person was completely opposite of what they seemed. How come we don't see a new event or a new place as a first encounter? How are these different from people? Often we come to see these events in a different light then we did originally. Experience changes our perception. The first time I went snow boarding I looked at steep slopes as insurmountable obsticles and yet now, to my changed eye, I see fun and hills that often seem no challenge at all. Funny how experience and time changes these first run-ins that we have to something else entirely.

No comments: