Monday, May 19, 2008

Juxtaposition Poem

1. New version

Others in safety from danger
On a shore of smooth caressing wind and cool sun
Food delightfully in abundance
Life good, life hard, life worthwhile,
Steady shade from strong roots help it stand for a century
They never come home the same
all is satisfaction
family for who not what
A dark person yet
Lively and passionate, religious friend

2. Original

Lively and passionate, religious friend
I bravely lead others to safety from danger
A dark and painfully familiar person
Relaxing on a shore to smooth caressing wind and cool sun
My family loves me for who I am not what I do
Food is delightful
but all I want is satisfaction
life is good, life is hard, life is worthwhile
They say you can never come home
Steadily gives shade from strong roots that will help it stand for a century, green and rough

No comments: